Saturday, February 18, 2006

Fears (In a lighthearted way).

One of the greatest fears I have ever had to get over, is that of a blank white rectangle of space on our computer screen under these little tabs labeled Posting and Create. But the final cold shiver that races down my spine is caused by a little orange button at the bottom labeled Publish Post (shudder). My favorite easy out, a blue one next to it labeled Save as Draft ;~) Hello to all of you who have been asking where I have been and why I haven't been posting anything on our blog. Which is mostly dominated by my father and younger (but slightly taller than I) sister, with some excellent posts by them. I finally decided to go ahead, face up to my fears, and publish a post on our blog. [This is now your cue to, A) faint. B) dance a jig. C) smile and nod as you continue to read...] I will be posting current books, chapters, and thoughts as soon as I am reading again, "Henry and the Great Society" being first on my list. ( Thank you very much Grandmother and Grandfather!) Well, morning is catching up with me and pretty much every church service in Arkansas is canceled due to the panicky populous, so Sunday will (hopefully) be a day of rest both spiritually and physically. A rather short post but I hope you will forgive me being as the hour is late. Now, off to face my orange nightmare!

God bless,
Caitlin

6 comments:

Bryce said...

You are welcome to link to me (and I am sure Renee also). I took the liberty to link to you if you don't mind...

Bryce said...

I am at your grandparent's house being spoiled. I am eating cream-cheese muscadine spread on crackers with a large glass of apple juice sitting by. Your grandmother is cutting chicken, and insisting that I relax. Your grandfather is almost home from towing a trailer to a jobsite. That is a window into a Montana evening.

Bryce said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that nobody has died yet from pushing that orange "publish" button. Fear not.

JACK THE BUILDER said...

waiting for the review of "Henry", hurry.

Arkanblogger Family said...

"Oh give me a home, where the buffalos roam(though I must say I do remember seeing more buffalo in Wyoming than Montana but there has to be one around there somewhere!) Where the deer and the antalope play" Now I know there are some of those there. Oh how I wish I was to! Through the Arkansas window you would see me, with a bowl of canned soup, courtesy of my father(he can cook sometimes, just not this time.), olive leaf extract, courtesy of my grandmother and a box of antibiotics(yuck), courtesy of my doctor;~)And you are right, it is not because the orange menace attacked me. But this blue one and I are having a stare-down right now, and I think it is winning!

Caitlin:~)

Arkanblogger Family said...

I am working on it Grandfather. We have three people trying to read it at once, so all I have gotten to read are the dedication, introduction and the first three sentences.

Caitlin:~)