Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day Blessing

First of all, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! Today was absolutely amazing. Such a wonderful way to spend Father's Day. I don't have much time, so I am limited to telling you about the main event of today.

Ever since last fall, our choir has been working hard on a repertoire to sing at a choir festival perform at the end of the year with the members of the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra at a gorgeous church. This is tradition with our choir every other year. But this year, it was a little different. Not only did we have the first group of seniors graduating from the choir who had been in it for as long as possible, or the group of alumni (including some of the original 13 of the choir...we are now at over 80 at least) who came back to sing a few songs with us, but this year, we were doing our concert as a benefit for the Hope 4 Hannah project. This made it all the more special, helping to take the focus of off us, and to put it on the Lord.

This year, our concert was held at a beautiful church that had great acoustics for a choir to sing in. After the hours of practicing on Monday night, the hard work from all of our sectionals coaches, and the time and major of our choir director, Pastor Eddie, it was so wonderful to get to go and sing in a place like that with a real orchestra. This concert was an experience that I will never forget. At first, I did not realize just how big of a deal this concert was (just like Pastor Eddie said...). But once the orchestra started playing, it hit me.


One thing that our choir director really does that makes our choir more than just any old youth choir is that he really tries to get us to sing each sing from our hearts, truly praising God. I would love to tell you about singing each song in particular, hearing our seniors sing the solos, and crying at the end because it was so amazing and such a blessing, but as I said, I am limited on time. But below you can see two pictures from tonight. One of them is a group picture of my sisters and I with Pastor Eddie, and the other is a picture of four of our seniors singing. Caitlin is the one with the microphone (she did wonderfully!). I am sorry the post is so short. Perhaps when we have our computer fixed, I will get to really tell you all about it! I hope that all of you had a truly blessed Father's Day!

Paige

PS: remember that you can click on the pics to make them bigger!


1 comment:

Trish said...

I'm so glad to see you posting again! I'm looking forward to more posts and pictures ~ I "stole" these pics to post on my blog. I hope you don't mind ~ since I forgot my camera (oh wait, I don't HAVE my own digital camera....). How did the sound recording turn out?