Friday, October 13, 2006

Continued from below...

After posting, I didn't think it fair if I just left you hanging like that, so I will now give you a bit more information about the link I gave you. A rumor went around saying that the Aussie's didn't want Muslims in Australia and that they were telling them to get out. Only the radical Muslims that were planning on living out the Muslim way of life though. If they chose to live the Australian way, they were fine. This article gives you the real story, and some great quotes. I think the Australians were being rational. I also received something different when I got the email. This is what I received:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to
get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off
potential terror attacks. A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders
pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime
Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would
face a crack down. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard,
hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did
not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by
parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia
law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on national
television. "I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws
governing people in Australia: one the Australian law and another the Islamic
law, that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent
courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to
another country,which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option",
Costello said. Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave,
he said those with dual citizenship could possibly asked to move to the other
country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who
did not want to accept local values should "clear off". Basically people who
don't want to be Australians, and who don't want to live by Australian values
and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.
Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he
supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since
the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the
majority of Australians." "However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled
when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that
our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold
a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia,
However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country,
and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia
being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and
our national identity. As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society,
our own language and our own lifestyle."

"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials
and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"

"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish,Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society,
learn our language!"

"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some
Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and
women founded this nation on Christian principles, and this is clearly
documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our
schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the
world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."

"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept
ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us." "If the Southern Cross
offends you, or you don't like " A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a
move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have
no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came
from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it another's.

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you
every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining,
and griping about Our Flag,Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of
Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian
freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."

"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE.
We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU
accepted."


(some editing was done, but nothing to effect what was really said)

Now, is this too radical, or is it how we should be. Perhaps some more Biblical principals should be added too. I am not sure that I would be so harsh. It is a wonderful ministry opportunity. But if the people are close minded and biased, it really would be better for them to leave. I know right now The United States main issue with immigrants is from Mexico. Many people are complaining that "we shouldn't have to learn Spanish, make them learn English". Is this right? I think it might be. But we should not be so close minded and not be open to learning other languages. I would preferably learn French, not Spanish. But nonetheless I am interested in learning one. Another thing that was said above is that their country was founded on God, and if the people didn't like that, they should leave. I thought about that, then thought about how much America might shrink if we applied all the things above. We would lose all of the "politically correct" people too. I am sorry for the confusion below. At first I just posted a link, but then quickly realized that the link was not exactly what I received. Also, I am not claiming that the above is 100% accurate. I just thought that it might be a good conversation provoker. I am checking my source a bit more, and will try to give you the link that I was given soon. I think that this is longest post I have ever done. I won't try and make it harder for me to break this record so I will end here. I look forward to your responses.

Paige :)

7 comments:

Arkanblogger Family said...

I really didn't mean for it to look that long! Honestly! I am going to have to work on that.

Paige :)

Phinehas said...

Paige,

In the history of the United States, our nation has opened wide it's arms to all LEGAL immigrants, and the newcomers have in turn thrown their hearts into creating a better America, assimilating into the culture, yet bringing their own special part as well. Mexicans are not here to assimilate, they are here to conquer what they think is theirs. They want the benefits of American jobs, but they do not want to become American. The issue is that we as the American taxpayers are paying through the nose to allow illegal aliens to attend schools and colleges, and to stay in hospitals and fed in our prisons. English is our national language, when you become servile to the lawbreakers and give them spanish newpapers, radio stations, and television, you have begun to effectively destroy our country. If I were to move to Qatar, I cannot demand that the natives learn english so that I can be understood, I must learn arabic. Babel came to naught do to strife caused by language factions. Where are we headed as a nation when we are divded my native tongues. My mother's family came over from Cuba to escape communism, and they all learned english while attending college all over again. They wanted to become Americans, not reconquistadors. Illegals don't care for America, they are only milking us for everything we have until they take over.

As for Australia, kick all the muslims out. Not a single one of them is peaceful or seeks to fully immerse themselves in the Aussie culture. It isn't racial profiling, it is removing those who follow a religion that thrives on bloodshed and terror.

'Phinehas'

Sorry about the tirade. Politics are rather dear to my heart.

Arkanblogger Family said...

Tirades are good...most of the time. This one was. I enjoy those kind of conversations myself. I think that you must be Ryan. Just a guess. I am not completely sure though. Thank you for the comment though. I was beginning to think that it would go on without getting any.

Paige

Phinehas said...

Alright, here are a couple clues( but I'm telling you, don't limit my identity to one man, at least for the upcoming film). Here goes:

1)Read Numbers 25:1-17

2) Read your father's blog on living in an age of grace.

If it doesn't show you the man, you might at least understand the plot.

And about not getting comments, don't let it bother you too much. We get alot of hits and few comments. We recently lost 45 comments due to web server complications.

Arkanblogger Family said...

I think that I am getting it. Phinehas was a man who was right with God. Something to do with that. Perhaps the legacy that he left from generation to generation. I will have to review my Fathers blog. We talk of those things often though, so I am familiar with them. You are Ryan, right?

Paige :)

Phinehas said...

(Sigh) I can't believe I am doing this, but yes, I'm Ryan. What did you do? Look at mine and Caleb's writing styles? Or just realize that since I'm the writer of the script, I am a little closer to the subject? Well, now that this has been settled, sleep easy 'Paige'.

Arkanblogger Family said...

You do have different writing styles, that is true. But you also said your Mother is from Cuba in this post, and while I was talking to you, you mentioned that, since Caleb is in a language school, your Mom asks to talk to him. I just made connections.

Paige