Friday, February 17, 2006

A Canceled Weekend...

"Two inches of ice!" That is what I heard today. The weather man predicted snow, sleet, freezing rain, and freezing temperatures for this weekend. Well, from what I saw on the radar and from what I saw outside, I don't think that the weather man is completely accurate. But my opinion is not shared. People flocked to every store stocking up on bottled water, candles, food, and whatever else they might need if we lose power. The electric company went around trimming branches here and there making trees look a bit crooked, but lowering the risks of a branch falling on a power line. It's the latest subject to talk about. There went my weekend.

First I found out that all basketball and cheer leading were canceled. I volunteer coach for Upward, and coaching those little girls is one of the highlights of my weekend. Second of all, play practice for Pride and Prejudice was canceled. I was really looking forward to that. Especially since performance is coming up soon. Our singing at church on Sunday might be canceled. All because people think that Jack Frost is on his way.

I could go on for a long time talking about snow and Arkansas but I am sure that most of you know how it goes. It's times like this I miss living in Denver. Life went on when the snow came down you could sled on real snow, not ice. I hope that your weekend goes as planned and very smoothly at that. Right now I am not quite sure about mine. I'll post more as long as we don't lose our power :)

Paige ;)

No comments: