Our "Popsey" is 70 years old today. Happy Birthday Popsey!!!
We got together and came up with a few things you should know about him...
- He can fix just about anything and when he doesn't have the right tool or part needed to repair it, he just makes it himself.
- He was in the Marines AND the Air Force.
- He's written a book. We're just waiting on him to publish it.
- He has a very jolly laugh.
- He told us how deer lose their antlers and we didn't forget it.
- He can tear the inside of a new jet airplane apart in about 60 seconds, when the interior wiring catches on fire at 33,000 feet.
- He flies an American flag in his front yard.
- He draws faces that make you laugh.
- He gives very good directions.
- He prays for our soldiers.
- Most of the time he still feels like he's in his 30's.
- He would like more horizontal space in his house. Most of it is covered up with our Mimi's ceramic roosters and rabbits.
- He says that his head has worn out three bodies but we don't believe him.
- He knows ALOT about antiques...except for ivory scrimshaw ;-)
- He likes to learn new things.
- He does not recognize the term "step" family.
- He has a gift with words and writing.
- He offers his counsel and confidence freely.
- He likes to hunt and fish...mostly hunting in the wintertime we think.
- He comes from a large family.
- He's traveled all over the world and even arranged the purchase of airplanes from foreign governments as part of one of his jobs.
- He is a patient man.
- He appreciates hard work and honesty in a person.
- He's very encouraging and affectionate.
- You can count on him in the "clutch".
- He is not stingy nor bashful with his hugs and "I love you's".
Some quotes for Popsey to remember...
To be 70 years young, is sometimes far more cheerful and hopeful than to be 40 years old.~ Oliver Wendel Holmes Jr. ~
The aging process has you firmly in it's grasp, if you never get the urge to throw a snowball.~ Doug Larson~
Forget your age and live your life. ~Norman Vincent Peale
The old age of an eagle is better than the youth of a sparrow. ~Proverbs~
Happy Birthday Popsey...We Love You,
Bruce, Janice and Family